Wrapped in elegant design and packed full of intense technology, the ioSafe Solo G3 hard drive + Data Recovery Service (DRS) is a virtual fortress for your data. The ioSafe Solo G3 + DRS delivers unparalleled protection for your digital life in a solution that is pure simplicity.
An aircraft black box for your data. Perfect for the home entertainment center, office or studio.
Protects data from loss up to 1550°F for 1/2 hour *
DataCast endothermic fire insulation technology protects your data from extreme heat. The DataCast formulation forms a chemical bond with water molecules that, at temperatures above 160°F, releases water vapor to limit the internal temperature of the unit during a fire.
* Per ASTM E119
|Fan-less Near Silent Cooling |
Perfect for home, small office or studios
Our latest FloSafe airflow cooling technology designed for near silent operation. Perfect for customers with sensitive ears who want the cooling and fire protection but want the silence. If destructive heat levels are sensed, such as in a fire, the FloSafe vents limit and protect your data from the extreme heat.
Protects data from loss up to 10ft for 72 hours
HydroSafe water barrier technology is designed to protect data loss from fresh or salt water damage, including full immersion. While keeping your data dry, the HydroSafe technology still allows heat to dissipate during normal operation.
Kensington Lock Slot + Bolt down capable + Padlock-able
A Kensington lock slot is compatible with all Kensington Locks. The built in anti-theft tab allows you to easily secure the ioSafe Solo to any surface and keeps your data protected in the event of a break in. Securing the drive also prevents the drive from moving during a disaster.
|Data Recovery Service |
1, 3, or 5 year plans available
The ultimate safety net for the ultimate hard drive, the ioSafe Data Recovery Service (DRS) provides a one time use, no questions asked data and hardware recovery service. For any loss, no matter the reason.
|USB 3.0 |
Backwards Compatible to USB 2.0
Blazingly fast yet Plug and play USB 3.0 connectivity allows you to use your ioSafe with virtually any Mac or PC. Data transfer up to 5Gbit/s.
|No-HassleTM warranty |
If your ioSafe Solo G3 stops working for absolutely any reason within the warranty period, we'll replace it or repair it. It's that simple.
|Backup software and Encryption |
Includes the award-winning GenieTM Timeline Pro backup software ($60 retail value) that features Continuous Data Protection, Full System Disaster Recovery, Open File Backup, backup of files synced between your iPhone/iPad/iPod or BlackBerry device and computer, and more. Open-source encryption software TrueCrypt is also supplied.
A plug and play disaster plan for your digital life
- Single disk, up to 2TB storage capacity available
- Fanless, near silent cooling
- Multi-platform compatibility: Windows and Mac
- USB 3.0, up to 480Mb/s
Disaster & Security Specifications
- Protects Data From Fire: DataCastTM Technology. 1550°F, 1/2 hr per ASTM E119 with no data loss.
- Protects Data From Flood: HydroSafeTM Technology. Full immersion, 10 ft. 3 days with no data loss.
- Tested per UL, FCC and CE Standards
- Proven data protection and recovery. Tested to ASTM E119 standards for fire exposure.
- Physical theft protection: Cable lock or floor Mount capable
- 1 Year Data Recovery Service Standard (3 and 5 year plans available)
- 3 Year manufacturer's warranty for defects Standard (5 year available with purchase of 5 year DRS upgrade)
Inside The Box
- ioSafe Solo G3 USB External Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Power Supply
- Owners Manual and Warranty
- Electrical — AC input
- Voltage: 80 ~ 264 VAC at 50/60 HZ
- Typical Power Consumption: < 25W
- Intel Pentium II 350 MHz-compatible or Mac G3 processor & greater
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 or Mac OS 8.6 & greater
- USB 3.0 equipped system
- For USB 3.0 speeds, the system must support USB 3.0 specifications
- Operating: 0-35° C (95°F)
- Non-operating: 0-1550°F, ½ hr per ASTM E119
- Operating Humidity: 20% - 80% (non-condensing)
- Non-operating Humidity: 100%, Full water immersion, 10 feet, 3 days.
- Size: 5.0"W x 7.1"H x 11.0"L
- Weight: 15 lbs
ioSafe Data Recovery Service Terms and Conditions
- To be activated, the ioSafe Data Recovery Service ("DRS") must be activated with the ioSafe product registration process and is a requirement prior to the use of your DRS plan.
- If you or your company has a disaster or system failure, simply call 1.530.820.3090 ext. 430 or email email@example.com.
- The ioSafe Disaster Response Team will assist you with the recovery process through telephone and email support.
- A Disaster Response Team Leader will be assigned to your disaster as your single point of contact.
- ioSafe will provide up to $5,000 for data recovery services, depending on the ioSafe product purchased.
- All overnight freight costs associated with the disaster event paid for by ioSafe.
- Free replacement of comparable ioSafe unit loaded with recovered data.
- Follow up support to integrate recovered data with computer system.
- Available during the original warranty period and can be extended up to 5 years for an additional fee.
As applicable during the Data Recovery Service period and upon validated registration of an ioSafe (the Company) product on the Company's website (www.iosafe.com), the Company or its contracted partner will assist the original purchaser for one "data recovery event". The Company will attempt to restore the lost data by employing one of the following ways:
- The Company or its contracted partner will provide phone or email based support to assist in recovering the data, or
- The Company will pay for the disaster exposed product to be shipped back to the Company's headquarters for data recovery. If data recovery is successful, a replacement product will be loaded with the original data and shipped back to the original user, or
- At the discretion of the Company, if the data recovery by the Company is not successful, the Company will pay up to the amount shown in the table below for the specific product to a third-party disk recovery service of the Company's choice to extract the data. Any data extracted will be loaded on a replacement product and shipped back to the original user. The Company has the right to use a factory refurbished product as the replacement product.
|Product Line||U.S. Dollars per Disk|
|Solo External HDD||$1,000|
|SoloPRO External HDD||$2,500|
|3.5 Pilot, 3.5 Squadron||$2,500|
|ioSafe Rugged Portable||$2,500|
|ioSafe Rugged Portable SSD||$5,000|
|SoloPRO External SSD||$5,000|
The Company's good faith attempts to restore and recover the data in accordance with these terms and conditions shall be the purchaser's sole and exclusive remedy and the Company shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever. The Company cannot guarantee that any data will be recoverable nor can it guarantee which data files are on the product. Data restoration or recovery shall be strictly limited to whatever files are restorable or recoverable and not what the purchaser believes to exist on the product. Only one instance of a "data recovery event" per product is covered by this program for products registered to the original purchaser only.